Making a difference in the lives of the disabled in
North Carolina and their families.
The Community Alternatives Program for Children (CAP/C) provides cost-effective home care for medically fragile children (through age 20) who would otherwise require long-term hospital care or nursing facility care. The program contributes to the quality of life for the children and their families/caregivers, while providing care that is cost-effective in comparison to the Medicaid cost for institutional care. Owned and operated by a parent of three special needs kids we understand the unique challenges you face as the parents of a special needs child.
- Assistive Technology
- Participant Goods and Services
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
In Home Care
- Waiver Nursing Services
- Pediatric and Geriatric Nurse Aide Services
- Personal Care Services (NA1)
- Personal Assistant Services (consumer direction)
- Respite Care
- Vehicle Modifications
- Home Accessibility and Adaptation
- Care Advisory/Case Manager
- Adult Day Health
- Institutional Respite Services
- Community Transition Services
- Financial Management Services
- Meal Preparation and Delivery
- Personal Emergency Response Services
- Training, Education and Consultative Services
1. Contact our Referral Coordinator who will fill out a service request.
(704) 412-2144 ext 112
2. DMA reviews the request to determine if the patient may be appropriate for CAP.
3. Patient completes Medicaid for Disabled Adults application (regardless of age).
4. Nurse Case Manager will visit your home to complete the assessment and develop a plan of care.
5. Once the plan is approved, CAP case manager arranges for delivery of services through local community providers.
6. CAP case manager provides ongoing monitoring and coordination of care.
Join our Team
If you are an RN who loves helping kids and supporting families, we want to talk to you. Check out our current job openings on Indeed.com.