Making a difference in the lives of the disabled in
North Carolina and their families.
The Community Alternatives Program for Children (CAP/C) provides cost-effective home care for medically fragile children (through age 20) who would otherwise require long-term hospital care or nursing facility care. The program contributes to the quality of life for the children and their families/caregivers, while providing care that is cost-effective in comparison to the Medicaid cost for institutional care. Owned and operated by a parent of three special needs kids we understand the unique challenges you face as the parents of a special needs child.
Participant Goods and Services
Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
In Home Care
Waiver Nursing Services
Pediatric and Geriatric Nurse Aide Services
Personal Care Services (NA1)
Personal Assistant Services (consumer direction)
Home Accessibility and Adaptation
Care Advisory/Case Manager
Adult Day Health
Institutional Respite Services
Community Transition Services
Financial Management Services
Meal Preparation and Delivery
Personal Emergency Response Services
Training, Education and Consultative Services
1. Contact our Referral Coordinator who will fill out a service request.
(704) 412-2144 ext 117
2. DMA reviews the request to determine if the patient may be appropriate for CAP.
3. Patient completes Medicaid for Disabled Adults application (regardless of age).
4. Nurse Case Manager will visit your home to complete the assessment and develop a plan of care.
5. Once the plan is approved, CAP case manager arranges for delivery of services through local community providers.
6. CAP case manager provides ongoing monitoring and coordination of care.
Join our Team
If you are an RN who loves helping kids and supporting families, we want to talk to you. Check out our current job openings on Indeed.com.